General Data Protection Regulation Update
Posted by David on May 18, 2018 in Blog
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will govern all businesses in the UK on the 25th May 2018. This is a European regulation to ensure individuals privacy and rights when data has been collated about them. The key pillars of GDPR are as follows;
- Individuals’ privacy is respected and processes and systems uphold this by design.
- Right for the individual to request all data about them is deleted.
- Right to move the data from one data controller to another.
- Individuals have control over their own data and how this data may be used.
- Transparency for data handlers – if a breach occurs then the data protection authority and the individuals affected are notified within 72 hours of breach discovery.
- Severe non-compliance fines for businesses who do not adhere to the Regulations
What are we doing about this?
A full pre GDPR audit has been carried out at Evoke Telecom Services Ltd with resulting actions being completed;
- Key compliance policies updated and shared with the team.
- GDPR and general IT Security training sessions scheduled for the team.
- Scoping of development of our internal systems to allow for easy extraction of individuals’ data in the event of a Subject Access Request and subsequent removal if applicable.
Click here to view our Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice
Click here to view our addendum to our Customer Terms of Service as a result of GDPR.
If you have any queries about either GDPR or your personal data please contact firstname.lastname@example.org