If you are still using a PBX in your company, now is the time to consider moving instead to a hosted telephony solution. In a nutshell, for most businesses hosted telephony is a cheaper and better solution than a traditional PBX telephone system.
What is Evoke Cloud hosted telephony?
Simply put, with hosted telephony, your phone system resides in the cloud, rather than taking up space in your office. Your team access the system via a standard IP handset or a softphone – a screen-based virtual phone. Telephone calls are made from and received by your organisation over a broadband connection via our network. From there they are routed to PSTN fixed and mobile devices.
Evoke Cloud hosted telephony from Evoke Telecom can provide a complete communications service for your business for a low monthly fee. Today’s hosted telephony offers an extensive range of optional fixed and mobile capabilities that can be instantly managed via an easy to use web portal on your PC, laptop, tablet or even smart device.
Hosted telephony can be managed at supplier, company administrator and even at individual user level to easily manage your telephony requirements and enable your employees to work effectively and maximise their productivity.
What do I need to get started?
You need 3 basic elements to get a hosted solution live:
- Good Broadband Connectivity into your business premises.
- Cat 5e/6e cabling to carry your voice traffic across your network
- A trusted telecommunications partner such as Evoke Telecom
What are the elements of a good hosted telephony solution?
- Premium handsets plus desktop and mobile clients – Hosted telephony provides high standards of phone interoperability with its useful desktop and mobile clients plus a choice of premium handsets from a range of manufacturers.
- An easy-to-use web interface providing feature – control and valuable user information – Easy to access and use web portals provide a
positive user experience for both service use, management reporting and performance monitoring.
- A reliable and secure end to end IP network – Quality of service, scale and reliability are critical components for a good hosted telephony experience.
- A best in class call controller platform – Supporting millions of business users worldwide, the world’s leading call controller platform from Broadsoft sits at the heart of Hosted solution, providing the broadest feature set and a sole focus on delivering the richest user experience in unified communications.
The benefits of a hosted telephony system over a PBX
Hosted telephony is now extremely feature rich with many options and alternatives. You can manage your settings and requirements instantly via access to your own administrator web page. individual users can also have access to many of their own features and settings taking the workload away from your IT and telecoms teams. Hosted telephony can be set up with minimum capital outlay and is suitable for any size of business looking to improve its productivity and image.
- Hosted delivers on-demand services with no hidden costs – As the system is hosted on your behalf, you only pay for what you need on a simple per-seat basis. As you’re not buying a PBX, there’s no major hardware investment and no financing costs to consider.
- Hosted provides features you can easily control – Web access puts you in complete control of your phone system, with an extensive range of call handling and management features.
- Hosted telephony can lower your call costs – With all the cost benefits of VoIP telephony including, free site-to-site calls and cheaper call rates with attractive calling bundles you can dramatically reduce your costs.
- With hosted you have a choice of numbers – You chose the types of numbers you want to use. You can keep your existing numbers or get new numbers. What is more you can extend your business reach and use any local area number no matter where you are located. Have a London number when you are in Leicester, Nottingham Derby or Darlington!
- Connect your staff with ‘one number anywhere’ – Hosted telephony enables you to integrate your fixed and mobile devices so that you never miss a call. Callers need only dial one number to reach your desk phone and mobile phone simultaneously; ongoing calls can be moved seamlessly from one device to another without hanging up and a single voicemail box can be accessed from any device.
- Work more flexibly – Flex and balance your working environments through home working, hot-desking and integrating your mobile phones and tablets into your telephone system.
- All important business continuity – Should the unthinkable happen such as flooding, power cuts, careless utility works and snow then your business needn’t be disrupted. With your telephony sitting ‘in the cloud’, hosted will provide business continuity allowing you to carry on making and taking calls, whatever the circumstances.
How does Evoke Cloud hosted telephony from Evoke work?
Evoke’s Cloud hosted telephony solution is delivered on the ‘Best in Class’ Broadsoft platform, via the UK’s #1 VoIP network – Gamma. As you would expect, it comes feature rich with a wide range of choices and options, all of which can be controlled in house by your company adminstrator, instantly on your own dedicated web portal.
Evoke Cloud hosted telephony provides a broad range of call handling features that are accessed via the web. The dashboard gives you convenient access to information such as your call history, voicemail and recorded calls. Personalised settings are quick and easy to set, ensuring your calls are handled effectively.
You can use Auto Attendant to provide callers with call routing options for different areas of the business or create announcements to inform callers of details such as opening hours and website address when the office is closed.
Record inbound or outbound calls for compliance, customer service or audit purposes. This optional feature allows secure online access to file storage and retrieval of call details. You can set Horizon to record some calls, all calls or record calls on demand.
Administrator and User Web interface
Evoke Cloud hosted telephony provides IT managers with a powerful administrative management capability while giving employees freedom to control calls quickly and effectively. Set up is quick and easy and you can choose to pass down control to the user or you can retain control of the individual user features.
Who should consider Evoke Cloud hosted telephony?
Evoke Cloud hosted telephony is ideal for any size of business from just one or two users right up to hundreds of users across multiples sites and locations. It offers organisations the opportunity to enable multi location, mobile workers and home workers to come together through one single cloud telephone system.
Businesses that want flexibility
Companies with employees who are regularly on the move or out of the office need never lose calls as each user can simply tell the system, at the click of a mouse, where their calls should be sent to. This might be, your desk, your mobile (or both) or even a colleague. Should you not be available and inadvertently miss a call you can pick up your voicemail no matter where you are.
Ideal for multiple work locations
The service is provided centrally so you don’t need an expensive system on each site. Horizon connects branch offices together, calls are free between locations and mobiles and everyone shares the same dial plans and directories.
Organisations that prefer outsourcing or to manage their costs
Hosted on your behalf, there are no annual maintenance or running costs. You simply pay for what you use. With the calling bundle options monthly bills can also be much more predictable.
Employers that need a business continuity solution
In the event of a disaster your services can be instantly moved to your backup plan that can include, for example, diverting calls to different locations or to mobile devices without loss of functionality and without unnecessarily expensive call forwarding costs.
Improving customer contact
You can manage the routing of your calls, put calls on hold, play marketing messages, move calls seamlessly between users and offices and your customers will get the best experience when calling your business.
Training and monitoring
The Horizon solution provides a cost effective way to record calls from any location, in any direction and configured instantly at the click of a mouse. You can choose always on or on demand (even in mid call) options. What is more these recording can be easily downloaded and stored locally or centrally.
Some of our Evoke Cloud hosted telephony key features
Evoke Cloud hosted telephony from Evoke Telecom is available with the comprehensive range of features below, as well as a range of additional bolt-on options.
Working as part of a team
- N-Way Call for convenient collaboration with colleagues
- Hunt Groups for distributing and allocating calls across your team
- Call Transfer to any internal or external number
- Common or customisable settings for Sites, Groups and Departments
- Hold a call and pick it up on another phone with Call Park
- Answer a group member’s phone with Call Pick Up
- Instant Group Call enabling efficient collaboration
Mobile and flexible working
- Manage incoming calls effectively with Call Forwarding
- Home Worker lets you take your profiles and settings to your home office
- Play a Voicemail message from your desktop, save it or forward a copy to your entire team
- Never miss a call with One Number Anywhere and Sequential Ringing
- Keep track of important calls with Call Notify by Email
- Use your number and preferences on any enabled phone in your company with Hot-Desking
- Use your number and profile on any phone, anywhere with Remote Office
Ensuring security and preventing fraud
- Use Call History to view all calls made, received and missed
- Bar unapproved call types with Call Barring
- Allow access to phones using Authorisation Codes
- Last Number Redial for convenient repeat dialling
- Easily make a call with Click to Dial through the user interface or client
- Assign calls to cost centres using Account Codes
- Use Presence or Pre-set Availability Profiles to manage incoming calls
- No more unwanted calls with Anonymous Call Rejection or Selective Call Rejection
- Automatic Callback so that you can stay productive
- Call your colleagues when they are free using Busy Lamp Keys
- Show you are unavailable using Do Not Disturb
- Company directory available from the handset and up to 100 speed dials for your favourite numbers
- Use Call Recording for audit trails, compliance or training purposes
Improving your company image
- Call Waiting ensures you’re ready to take your next call
- Get your messages across with Music on Hold
- Avoid your calls being passed on and on with Diversion Inhibitor
- Provide callers with menu options for call routing using Auto Attendant
- Enhance your brand by uploading your company logo and specific adverts
- CLI Flexibility to allow you to present any number you have permission to call on behalf of
Evoke Cloud hosted telephony options
Soft clients options
Bring the power of Horizon to your Windows desktop or laptop device or your Android or iOS mobile device and access a range of features to ensure your colleagues and customers are always in contact.
The Horizon Desktop Client lets you connect your office phone to your preferred business device, such as a laptop or PC. It works seamlessly with the Horizon service and mobile client to ensure that you can control your user account and handle calls efficiently, wherever you are. The Horizon Desktop Client provides a new way to interact with Horizon and using existing devices you can reduce the cost of entry to a hosted solution, as well as minimising telephony costs incurred whilst on the move or in different locations.
New features such as Presence and Instant Messaging add to the core Horizon services and provide an informed way of communicating with your colleagues, as well as giving you a new route to gain immediate responses when it might not be convenient to speak on the telephone.
The Android and iOS Smartphone App enables a user to make and receive calls on a mobile device, as well as providing access to key settings for their service. It provides all the same functionality as the desktop client above, with the exception of Click to Dial and Group Chat. This is an ideal bolt-on for users who often work remotely or who are regularly on the move with access to WiFi (e.g. in hotels).
Using Horizon soft clients you can:
- Reduce the cost of entry to an IP hosted service by using the desktop client as a softphone and simply adding a headset
- Reduce telephony costs when on the move or in temporary access points such as hotels, coffee shops and customer premises
- Monitor your favourite contacts’ Presence status to check their availability to take calls or to communicate with you
- Send an Instant Message to get an immediate response from a colleague when their Presence status tells you it might not be convenient for them to take a voice call
- Connect customers who use other messaging services to your company so you can quickly communicate with them and build a new route for direct customer support
- Directly control your user account to implement Call Forwarding, Do Not Disturb or other call features
Horizon Integrator options
Unleash even more of Horizon’s capabilities across your desktop with Horizon Integrator. Horizon Integrator is a powerful piece of software that gives you control of your Horizon service from your desktop without having to log in to your Horizon Portal. It also provides interaction with key programs such as Microsoft Outlook® and Microsoft Lync® 2013. Our CRM Integrator can be added to enable easy integration with your CRM program, in addition to the full set of features Horizon Integrator offers.
- Call Preview – Available from Outlook. Allows Horizon users to prepare for the incoming call and respond appropriately. This can make the caller feel more welcome and gives a professional feel to your company.
- Click to Dial – Available from Outlook and web pages. Makes Horizon even simpler to operate as users can make calls instantly and accurately from the information on their screen.
- Integration with MS Lync – Presence changes to reflect On a Call or Do Not Disturb. Improves efficiency as colleagues and customers can only contact you when you are available.
- Desktop Control – Instant access from the desktop to Call History, Call Forward, Presence and a wealth of other features.
Integrator CRM takes the Integrator software a step further. Compatible with over 20 of the top CRM packages including Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics, Integrator CRM helps users to be even more efficient and productive by providing quick access to contacts and the ability to dial directly from your CRM system.
Call queuing option
Horizon Call Queue helps you present a professional image to your customers by managing incoming calls effectively and delivering them to groups, as soon as users become available.
Horizon Call Queue adds a low-cost way of managing your incoming calls professionally and provides constant information and choices to your callers, reducing the risk of losing valuable incoming calls.
Horizon Call Queue ‘Users and Groups’ benefits:
- Customised messaging – Customise your welcome and hold music and set up a comfort message at timed intervals to let the caller know their call is important.
- User breakout – Add a specific digit to the Call Queue Group to let a caller break out of the queue to leave a voicemail message.
- Queue up to 25 calls.
- Simultaneous Hunt Group – Instantly deliver the call to all available contacts within the Call Queue Group.
Management reporting option
Do you know how many calls you are getting? Do you know how they are being handled or who is handling them?
Horizon offers a number of key measurements through its reporting section. However, there is a growing requirement for more in-depth call management reporting and wall board integration to help organisations gain a real-time understanding of calls.
By working with Akixi, the leading hosted call-management service provider, you can now get a data feed for your Horizon service, which will let you export the statistics you need to help manage your business.
Additional benefits available by using Akixi:
- No server on site – Enables multi-site monitoring and supports business continuity.
- Real-time stats – Provides wall boards with real-time call-traffic information and alarms to ensure critical routes into the business are constantly monitored.
- Accessible from any internet-enabled device – Use the service via traditional desktop devices or monitor on the go through your mobile.
- Push reporting and alarms – Customisable push reporting and alarms to ensure business-critical metrics are always available.
- Cradle-to-grave reporting – Monitor a call throughout its path with visibility of every divert leg and call detail, easily and accurately segmented for identification.
- Track after-hours calls – Highlight suspicious activity or unauthorised calling.
- Abandoned call recovery – Missed a call? See instantly if it has been returned.
- Activity and extension activity monitoring – Quickly and easily monitor key extension or call routes to ensure maximum efficiency.
By using management reporting you can:
- Instantly see what needs to be changed to improve customer service
- Monitor time to answer and manage calls more efficiently
- Analyse internal call patterns
- See how many calls are being abandoned with the ability to return them
- Optimise resources by ensuring the right number of operators is in place at all times
Receptionist console option
Manage incoming calls and call routing to single or multiple sites via a simple, easy-to-use interface.
Horizon Receptionist Console adds a low-cost way of managing your key call routing and monitoring multiple contacts or sites, where this is not achievable through a more traditional phone and
side car solution.
Ensure that every one of your calls is answered professionally and efficiently, improve customer service and increase business efficiency with Horizon Receptionist Console.
Receptionist Console benefits:
- Full control over incoming calls to single or multiple sites, ensuring every call is answered or redirected, as required.
- Access and monitor up to 800 directory contacts, meaning call routing decisions can be made quickly and efficiently to ensure the best available outcome.
- Monitoring and manipulation of call queues with caller priority.
- Establishment and management of multiple conference calls, connecting key contacts and resources to deal with incoming queries in the most effective way.
- Multiple receptionists managing single or multiple numbers.
Let us help
To speak to an expert without obligation about Evoke Cloud hosted telephony, get in touch with the team at Evoke Telecom now on 0800 8403688 or send us an enquiry using our form below and we’ll get back in touch.